Geoffrey II, Count of Gâtinais
Geoffrey II, de Château-Landon (born c. 1000 – died 1043–46) was a French nobleman and the Count of Gâtinais.
Career[change | change source]
Geoffrey was the son of Geoffrey, Count of Gâtinais, and Beatrice of Macon. She was the daughter of Aubry II of Mâcon. He was born about the year 1000. The Gâtinais was a key district on the northeast border of Orléans and Château-Landon was the capitol. c. 1035 he married Ermengarde-Blanche of Anjou, daughter of Fulk III Nerra. Together they were the ancestors of the House of Plantagenet. Geoffrey died about 1043–1046. After Geoffrey's death Ermengarde-Blanche married secondly Robert I, Duke of Burgundy.
Family[change | change source]
Together, Geoffrey and Ermengarde had:
- Hildegarde de Château-Landon, she married c.1060 Joscelin I, Lord of Courtenay.
- Geoffrey III of Anjou.
- Fulk IV, Count of Anjou
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Kate Norgate, England Under the Angevin Kings, Vol. I (London; New York: Macmillan and Co., 1887), p. 250
- ↑ K.S.B. Keats-Rohan, Family Trees and the Root of Politics; A Prosopography of Britain and France from the Tenth to the Twelfth Century (Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1997), p. 265
- ↑ Kate Norgate, England Under the Angevin Kings, Vol I (London; New York: Macmillan and Co., 1887). p. 249
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jim Bradbury, 'Fulk le Réchin and the Origin of the Plantagenets', Studies in Medieval History Presented to R. Allen Brown, Ed. Christopher Harper-Bill, Christopher J. Holdsworth, Janet L. Nelson (The Boydell Press, 1989), p. 27
- ↑ Detlev Schwennicke, Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Band III Teilband 1 (Marburg, Germany: J. A. Stargardt, 1984), Tafel 116
- ↑ John Burke & Sir Bernard Burke, C.B., Burke's Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, Edited by Peter Townsend (Burke's Peerage Ltd.,London, 1963)p. xciii
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Detlev Schwennicke, Europäische Stammtafeln|Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Band II (Marburg, Germany: J. A. Stargardt, 1984), Tafel 82