Protopresbyter (Archpriest) Fr. George Metallinos (in Greek π. Γεώργιος Μεταλληνός; 11 March 1940 – 19 December 2019) was a Greek theologian, priest, historian, author and professor. Metallinos was born in Corfu, Greece.
In 1971, he was ordained a member of the clergy and became Doctor of Theology (University of Athens) and Doctor of Philosophy - History (University of Cologne). In 1984 he became Professor at the School of Theology of the University of Athens, teaching History of Spirituality during the Post-Byzantine Period, History and Theology of Worship, and Byzantine History.
References[change | change source]
- Εκοιμήθη ο πατέρας Γεώργιος Μεταλληνός (in Greek)
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Resurrection of Christ is the Annihilation of Death by Protopresbyter Fr. George Metallinos.
- Orthodox Spirituality - Mutual Concession of Present and Future Life by Protopresbyter Fr. George Metallinos.
- Orthodoxy as Therapy by Protopresbyter George Metallinos.
- Orthodoxy's Worship Archived 2019-12-12 at the Wayback Machine by Protopresbyter George Metallinos.
- Philokalian Distinction between Orthodoxy and Heresy Archived 2019-12-12 at the Wayback Machine by Protopresbyter George Metallinos.
- The Importance of Hesychasm in the History of the Roman Nation by Protopresbyter George Metallinos.