George Vance Murry S.J. (December 28, 1948 – June 5, 2020) was an African-American prelate of the Catholic Church and member of the Jesuit Order. He was born in Camden, New Jersey. He was the Bishop of the Diocese of Youngstown, Ohio.
References[change | change source]
- "Bishop Murry diagnosed with acute leukemia, receiving treatment". The Vindicator. April 30, 2018. Archived from the original on May 3, 2018. Retrieved May 5, 2018.
- "Bishop Murry of Youngstown diagnosed with leukemia". Catholic News Agency. April 30, 2018. Retrieved May 5, 2018.
- Bishop Murry of Youngstown dies after stepping down due to leukemia
Other websites[change | change source]
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown Official Site
- National Black Catholic Congress Archived 2007-03-26 at the Wayback Machine bio of George Murry