Gjermund Eggen (5 June 1941 – 6 May 2019) was a Norwegian cross-country skier. He won three gold medals at the 1966 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships. He was awarded the Holmenkollen medal in 1968. He competed at the 1968 Winter Olympics in the 30 km event, but finished only 34th. Eggen was born in Engerdal, Norway.
Eggen died in Elverum, Norway on 6 May 2019 at age 77.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Gjermund Eggen". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- ↑ Eide, Stein S.; Moen Holø, Ragnhild (6 May 2019). "Gjermund Eggen er død". NRK. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Gjermund Eggen at the International Olympic Committee
- Gjermund Eggen at the Olympic Channel
- Gjermund Eggen at Olympedia
- Holmenkollen medalists at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 February 2007) – click Holmenkollmedaljen for downloadable pdf file (in Norwegian)
- Holmenkollen winners since 1892 at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 February 2007) – click Vinnere for downloadable pdf file (in Norwegian)