Grayson County, Kentucky
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grayson County Courthouse in Leitchfield
Location within the U.S. state of Kentucky
Kentucky's location within the U.S.
|Named for||William Grayson|
|• Total||511 sq mi (1,320 km2)|
|• Land||497 sq mi (1,290 km2)|
|• Water||14 sq mi (40 km2) 2.8%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||52/sq mi (20/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
History[change | change source]
Geography[change | change source]
The county has a total area of 511 square miles (1,320 km2).
Bordering counties[change | change source]
- Breckinridge County (north)
- Hardin County (northeast/EST Border)
- Hart County (southeast)
- Edmonson County (south)
- Butler County (southwest)
- Ohio County (west)
Communities[change | change source]
Cities[change | change source]
Census-designated place[change | change source]
Other unincorporated places[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Collins, Lewis (1877). History of Kentucky. p. 293.
- The Register of the Kentucky State Historical Society, Volume 1. Kentucky State Historical Society. 1903. p. 35.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Archived from the original on August 12, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.