GreenLeft, Dutch: GroenLinks (shortened GL), is a Dutch political party.
GreenLeft is a leftist party that supports environmental protection.
It was established in 1989 as a merger of the Communist Party of the Netherlands (CPN), Evangelical People's Party (EVP), Political Party of Radicals (PPR) and Pacifist Socialist Party (PSP).
Number of seats in the 2021 elections: 8 (-6).
Political leaders[change | change source]
- Ria Beckers - 1989-1993
- Peter Lankhorst - 1993-1994
- Ina Brouwer - 1994
- Paul Rosenmöller - 1994-2002
- Femke Halsema - 2002-2010
- Jolande Sap - 2010-2012
- Bram van Ojik - 2012-2015
- Jesse Klaver - 2015-
Other websites[change | change source]
- Website of GreenLeft Archived 2021-03-13 at the Wayback Machine