|Green Bay Packers|
|Established August 11, 1919|
First season: 1919
Play in and headquartered at Lambeau Field
Green Bay, Wisconsin
|Team colors||Dark green, gold, white|
|Fight song||"Go! You Packers Go!"|
|Owner(s)||Green Bay Packers, Inc. (360,760 stockholders—governed by a Board of Directors)|
|Chairman||Mark H. Murphy|
|CEO||Mark H. Murphy|
|President||Mark H. Murphy|
|General manager||Brian Gutekunst|
|Head coach||Matt LaFleur|
|League championships (13†)|
|Conference championships (9)|
|Division championships (20)
|Playoff appearances (34)|
The Green Bay Packers are an American football team in Green Bay, Wisconsin. They play in the National Football League. Their stadium is Lambeau Field. Their quarterback is Aaron Rodgers. The Packer's uniforms are a green or white jersey with yellow pants.
The Packers hold the record for the most NFL league championships. They have won 13 championships, including four Super Bowls, out of the 5 they've been too. The team is called the Packers because their original owner was a meat-packing company. Today, it is the only fan-owned team in the country's four major professional leagues. It is owned by a community-based group with more than 100,000 shareholders. Each shareholder is limited to holding 200 shares (out of about 5 million issued). The Packers are also the only team in the major professional leagues to release their balance sheet every year. This year, their current head coach is Matt LaFleur.
References[change | change source]
- "Packers Timeline". Packers.com. Retrieved July 16, 2020.
- "Club Information" (PDF). 2020 Green Bay Packers Media Guide. NFL Enterprises, LLC. September 5, 2020. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- "Green Bay Packers Team Capsule". 2020 Official National Football League Record and Fact Book. NFL Enterprises, LLC. August 17, 2020. Archived from the original on August 19, 2020. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- "Birth of a Team, and a Legend" (PDF). 2018 Green Bay Packers Media Guide. NFL Enterprises. September 12, 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 18, 2019. Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- Names, Larry D (1987). "The Myth". In Scott, Greg (ed.). The History of the Green Bay Packers: The Lambeau Years. Vol. 1. Angel Press of WI. p. 30. ISBN 0-939995-00-X.
- "History of Champions: Packers are No. 1 in NFL". Green Bay Press-Gazette. January 14, 2017. Retrieved July 16, 2020.
- "Packers Championship Seasons". Packers.com. Retrieved July 16, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]