Grumman A-6 Intruder
|Grumman A-6 Intruder|
|Grumman A-6A Intruder of the Squadron VA-165.|
|Role||Shipborn attack aircraft|
|Primary user||US Navy.|
|Produced||Out of production.|
The Grumman A-6 Intruder is an attack aircraft built in the USA. It's a twin-turbojet aircraft, built in all-metal. It was used for the Vietnam War and the Gulf War by US Navy. Before September 1962, it was called Grumman A2F Intruder.
Grumman EA-6B Prowler is a specialized variant.
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Frawley, Gerard, The international directory of military aircraft 2002/2003 . London: Aerospace Publication, 2002. ISBN 1-875671-55-2.
- Gaillard, Pierre, Avions et hélicoptères militaires d'aujourd'hui Paris, France : Larivière éditions, 1999. ISBN 2-907051-24-5.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Military, Kennedy Hickman; curator, naval history expert Kennedy Hickman has nearly 20 years of experience as a museum; director; Channel, has been featured on The History. "What Is The Grumman A-6 Intruder?". ThoughtCo.
- ↑ "US NAVY A-6 Intruder". Archived from the original on 2015-03-08. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- ↑ "Grumman A2F-1/A-6A Intruder". www.joebaugher.com.