Gulf of Oman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Gulf of Oman is an arm of the Arabian Sea that borders Iran and south-western Pakistan to the north and Oman and the United Arab Emirates to the south. The Gulf of Oman used to be called The Sea of Oman on old maps.
References[change | change source]
- See references:
- Exact location of "Persian Sea" can be seen on maps depicted at:  Archived 2003-06-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Book of Duarte Barbosa" by Duarte Barbosa, Mansel Longworth Dames. 1989. p.79. ISBN 978-81-206-0451-3
- "The Natural History of Pliny". by Pliny, Henry Thomas Riley, John Bostock. 1855. p.117
- "The Countries and Tribes of the Persian Gulf" by Samuel Barrett Miles - 1966. p.148
- "The Life & Strange Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe of York, Mariner". by Daniel Defoe. 1895. p.279
- "The Outline of History: Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind". by Herbert George Well. 1920. p.379.
- "The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge" by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck. 1910. p.242