Hans Günter Winkler
Hans Günter Winkler (24 July 1926 – 9 July 2018) was a German show jumping rider. He was born in Barmen, today part of Wuppertal, North Rhine-Westphalia. He won four Olympic gold medals: two in 1956, one in 1960, and one in 1964.
Winkler died on 9 July 2018 in Warendorf, North Rhine-Westphalia from cardiac arrest at the age of 91.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Olympics / German showjumping great Hans Guenther Winkler dies at 91". The Washington Post (in German). 2016. Archived from the original on 9 July 2018. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website
- Hans Günter Winkler Archived 2018-07-09 at the Wayback Machine hall-of-fame-sport.de
- Kim Kreling: Where are they Now? Hans Gunter Winkler[permanent dead link] horse-canada.com
- Hans-Günter Winkler - an Olympic Jockey Archived 2018-07-09 at the Wayback Machine olympics30.com
- Hans Günter Winkler at the International Olympic Committee
- Hans Günter Winkler at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- 1926 births
- 2018 deaths
- Deaths from cardiac arrest
- German Olympic gold medalists
- Sportspeople from North Rhine-Westphalia
- Medalists at the 1956 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 1964 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany