Harold Basch (Hebrew: הרולד בש; 29 November 1940 – 8 November 2018) was an American-born Israeli chemist and educator. He was born in New York City. He was a Professor of Chemistry who worked in Computational Chemistry. He worked at Bar Ilan University.
In 1970 he joined the Chemistry Department at Bar-Ilan University (BIU) as an Associate Professor and became a full Professor in 1977. During his career, Prof. Basch published more than 180 papers and book chapters.
Basch died in Ramat Gan, Israel on 8 November 2018 at the age of 77.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Chemistry Department, BIU
- ↑ Faculty of Exact Sciences, Department of Chemistry - BIU
- ↑ "Prof. Harold Basch - Research Authority, BIU". Archived from the original on 2018-11-09. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- ↑ dblp computer science bibliography
- ↑ פרופ' השי הרולד בש ז"ל Prof. Hashie Harold Basch (in Hebrew)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Prof. Harold Basch's lecture, given during the conference "The Power to Detect and Create: Ethical Challenges Emerging from DNA Technology and Genetics - The Impact of Genetics on Jewish Living and Jewish Ethics", held jointly by Bar-Ilan University, The Center for Bioethics at Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, and the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York.
- UM and Israel’s Planned Medical School Begin Collaboration - Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami.
- Harold Basch: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg