Hello Neighbor is a survival horror stealth game developed by Dynamic Pixels and published by tinyBuild. The game is about the player must successfully sneak into the basement of their neighbor's house to uncover a secret. The game's artificial intelligence (AI) modifies the neighbor's behavior based on the player's past actions.
A prequel, Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek, was announced in August 2018 with a planned release in December 2018. Hide and Seek deals with the events of the Neighbor's family that caused him to become recluse.
There is currently 13 versions of Hello Neighbor. They Include:
- Prototype (This version is unplayable, it was in the announcement trailer.)
- Pre-Alpha (First playable version)
- Alpha 1
- Alpha 1.5 (This was the version shown when Alpha 2 was developing; it is unplayable.)
- Alpha 2
- Alpha 2.5 (This was the version shown when Alpha 3 was developing; it is unplayable.)
- Alpha 3
- Alpha 4
- Beta 1 (First beta of the game, not very popular.)
- Beta 2 (More popular, although it was a buggy mess.)
- Beta 3 (Final version before release.)
- Final release (This was the final version. It was released on December 8th.)
References[change | change source]
- Pereira, Chris (4 May 2017). "Hello Neighbor, The Game About Sneaking Into Your Neighbor's House, Debuts New Alpha Update". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- D'Anastasio, Cecilia (29 September 2016). "A Horror Game Where The AI Learns From Your Every Move". Kotaku UK. Future Publishing. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Chalk, Andy (23 November 2016). "Watch the guy next door get creepy in two new Hello Neighbor trailers". PC Gamer. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- Lemon, Marshall (1 October 2016). "Hello Neighbor is a horror game about breaking into someone's house". VG247.com. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- Lane, Rick (August 31, 2018). "Hello Neighbor is getting a prequel". PC Gamer. Retrieved August 31, 2018.