Helmet in 2018
|Origin||New York, New York, USA|
|Genres||Alternative metal, noise rock, post-hardcore, post-metal|
|Years active||1989–1998, 2004–today|
|Labels||Amphetamine Reptile, Interscope, Warcon, Work Song|
|Associated acts||Handsome, Anthrax, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Scum of the Earth, The Cult, Exodus, Testament, Biohazard, Battles, Tomahawk|
Helmet became popular when they released their 1992 major-label debut Meantime, which peaked at number 68 on the Billboard 200 and featured their best known songs "Unsung" and "In the Meantime". Meantime is also Helmet's only album to go gold in the United States. They made two more albums before breaking up in 1998. However, Helmet reformed in 2004 and released a new album later that year. The album was called Size Matters and was their last release on their longtime label Interscope Records. Helmet was briefly signed to Warcon Records, who released their next album Monochrome in 2006, but today, they are signed to Work Song Records. That label released their latest album Seeing Eye Dog in 2010.
Discography[change | change source]
So far, Helmet has released seven full-length studio albums, which include:
- Strap It On (1990)
- Meantime (1992)
- Betty (1994)
- Aftertaste (1997)
- Size Matters (2004)
- Monochrome (2006)
- Seeing Eye Dog (2010)
References[change | change source]
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Helmet". MusicMight. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Alternative Metal". Allmusic. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Meredith, Bill. "Helmet". Allmusic. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Helmet Rediscovery". X-Press Online. March 28, 2007. Archived from the original on August 31, 2007. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "RIAA Gold and Platinum searchable database". Search for artist "Helmet". RIAA. Retrieved 2012-05-30.