Henry-Louis de La Grange
Henry-Louis de La Grange (26 May 1924 – 27 January 2017) was a French musicologist. He was known for being known as a biographer of Gustav Mahler. He was born in Paris. La Grange began working as a music critic in 1952, writing articles for the New York Herald Tribune and The New York Times, and the magazines Opera News, Saturday Review, Musical America, and Opus.
References[change | change source]
- "Henry-Louis de La Grange". Médiathèque Musicale Mahler website. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Henry-Louis de La Grange est mort, disparition du plus grand spécialiste de Gustav Mahler". France Musique (in French).
Other websites[change | change source]
- Mediathèque Musicale Mahler website
- "Downloadable Interview with Henry-Luis de La Grange – Mahler Revealed" (8 May 2008) at ClassicalSource.com.
- Introduction to Mahler Symphonies Notes (Henry-Louis de La Grange) at Scribd.com.This is no longer available!
- The Lebrecht Report: A new view of Mahler (5 March 2008), a review of Gustav Mahler, vol. 4, by Norman Lebrecht at La Scena Musicale website.