Henry County, Kentucky
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Henry County courthouse in New Castle
Location within the U.S. state of Kentucky
Kentucky's location within the U.S.
|Named for||Patrick Henry|
|• Total||291 sq mi (750 km2)|
|• Land||286 sq mi (740 km2)|
|• Water||4.8 sq mi (12 km2) 1.7%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||54/sq mi (21/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
Henry County is a county located in the U.S. state of Kentucky. As of the 2010 census, the population was 15,416. Its county seat is New Castle, but its largest city is Eminence. The county was founded in 1798.
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Rennick, Robert M. (1987). Kentucky Place Names. University Press of Kentucky. p. 138. Retrieved 2013-04-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Henry County". Kyenc.org. Retrieved April 23, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 155.