Hubert de Givenchy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hubert de Givenchy|
21 February 1927|
|Died||10 March 2018
near Paris, France
|Education||École des Beaux-Arts|
|Awards||l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (1992)|
He was famous for having designed much of the personal and professional wardrobe of Audrey Hepburn, as well as clothing for clients such as Jacqueline Kennedy. He was named to the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1970.
References[change | change source]
- Mohrt, Françoise. 1998. The Givenchy style. Assouline. ISBN 2-84323-107-8, p. 204.
- Vanity Fair
- Ultimate style - the best of the best dressed list. 2004. p. 116. ISBN 2 84323 513 8.
- "Givenchy, French fashion icon, dies aged 91". BBC News. 12 March 2018.
- Wilsher, Kim (12 March 2018). "Hubert de Givenchy, maker of style icons, dies aged 91". The Guardian.
- Wilson, Eric (12 March 2018). "Hubert de Givenchy, Pillar of Romantic Elegance in Fashion, Dies at 91". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 March 2018.