Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings
The Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings occurred on 20 July 1982. Members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army used a bomb in each park to attack British military ceremonies in central London.
In Hyde Park, a nail bomb in a car exploded. It killed four soldiers and seven horses.
In Regent's Park, a bomb underneath a bandstand killed seven military bandsmen.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Hyde Park IRA bombing
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "IRA bombs rock London's Royal Parks". Archived from the original on 2019-07-22. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- 1982 in the United Kingdom
- 1980s crimes in the United Kingdom
- 1980s explosions in Europe
- 1980s in London
- 1980s murders in Europe
- Attacks on buildings and structures in London
- Attacks on buildings and structures in the 1980s
- Car and truck bombings in Europe
- Car and truck bombings in the 1980s
- Explosions in London
- July events
- Mass murder in London
- Mass murder in the 1980s
- Provisional Irish Republican Army
- Terrorist incidents in London
- Terrorist incidents in the United Kingdom in the 1980s