I. John Hesselink
Ira John Hesselink Jr. (March 21, 1928 – October 28, 2018) was an American theologian. He was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He was a Professor Emeritus of Systematic Theology at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan. After his retirement, he was an honorary professor and continued to write a few books on John Calvin and lectures in Europe, South Korea and Japan.
He was a theologian who was a missionary in Japan after receiving theological education at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan. He wrote a book on Calvin's Catechism and several books and papers. In his book on Calvin in the Cambridge Theologian Series, he wrote a paper on Calvin's theology.
Hesselink died on October 28, 2018 in Holland, Michigan at the age of 90.
References[change | change source]
- "I. John Hesselink – Western Theological Seminary". www.westernsem.edu. Archived from the original on 2018-10-29. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "I. John Hesselink". Faithlife.
- Amazon John Hesselink
- "Cambridge companion john calvin - Theology". Cambridge University Press.
- "Karl Barth Society of North America". kbsna.kbarth.org.
- Former seminary president, professor Hesselink dies