In vitro fertilisation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Injecting a chemical drug to stop a woman's menstrual cycle
- Injecting FSH so that an ova is released from the woman's ovaries
- HCG is injected to loosen the ova
- The ova is removed from the vagina
- A sample of sperm is taken
- The sperm and egg are added together and a sperm will fertilise an egg
- The fertilised egg (zygote) is then injected into the woman's uterus
Some religious organisations believe that adoption is a better course of action for infertile couples. They think IVF is wrong because it is unnatural.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Guide to infertility (HFEA) Archived 2008-04-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Test Tube Babies on dab PBS
- Who is suitable for IVF Treatment?