Digital marketing is advertising delivered through digital channels. It is type of marketing that is done online and has a effect on offline business . It is done online, using things like search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and potential customers. 
Because computers and cell phones are used more now, marketing has changed. Now businesses are using the Internet to market their product or services.
Digital Marketing is different from traditional marketing. Traditional marketing uses offline channels, while digital marketing uses online channels. A traditional marketing campaign, for example, may use billboards, radio ads, and news stories, while a digital marketing campaign may use social media, blog posts, and email to promote a business and its offerings.
History[change | change source]
The word "digital marketing" first came in 1990s and first internet ad in 1994. Today, digital marketing has become an essential part of advertising with many institutions offering courses due to this demand.
References[change | change source]
- "Digital Marketing Agency | Sociel media Marketing Company - BOL7". Digital Marketing Company - Best IT Online Marketing Solution. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- Alexander, Lucy. "The Who, What, Why, & How of Digital Marketing". blog.hubspot.com. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- Barone, Adam. "Digital Marketing". Investopedia. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- Cortes, Jimena. "Council Post: How To Create A Successful Digital Marketing Presence". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- "Digital Marketing". saransaro.com.
- Mahajan, Ankush (2020-03-21). "1990 to 2020: 30 Major Changes in 30 Years of Digital Marketing". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- "The History and Evolution of Digital Marketing". Simplilearn.com. 2015-07-09. Retrieved 2020-10-13.
- Wasserman, Todd. "This Is the World's First Banner Ad". Mashable. Retrieved 2020-10-13.