Irene of the Netherlands
Princess Irene in 2015
|Born||5 August 1939|
Soestdijk Palace, Baarn, Netherlands
Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma
(m. 1964; div. 1981)
|Issue||Prince Carlos Xavier, Duke of Bourbon-Parma|
Princess Margarita, Countess of Colorno
Prince Jaime, Count of Bardi
Princess Carolina, Marchioness of Sala
|Father||Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld|
|Mother||Juliana of the Netherlands|
|Religion||Roman Catholicism, |
Princess Irene of the Netherlands (born Irene Emma Elisabeth; 5 August 1939) is a Dutch royal and environmentalist. She is the second child of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld.
Titles[change | change source]
- 5 August 1939 – 29 April 1964: Her Royal Highness Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld
- 29 April 1964 – 15 November 1974 : Her Royal Highness Princess Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma
- 15 November 1974 - 7 May 1977: Her Royal Highness The Princess of Piacenza
- '7 May 1977 – 7 January 1981: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Parma
- 7 January 1981 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld
The Princess used the following names since her divorce:
References[change | change source]
- Princess Irene Archived 26 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine - website of the Dutch Royal House
- Wet lidmaatschap Koninklijk Huis art. 10: "Those who carry titles and names enforced by the Royal orders of 26 october 1937 (Stb. 1937, no. 5) en 2 januari 1967 (Stb. 1967, no. 1) retain these"
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIII. "Niederlande". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1987, pp. 85-86.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XV. "Niederlande". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1997, p. 75.