Dr. Israel W. Charny is a world renowned genocide expert, he is the editor of the distinguished two-volume Encyclopedia of Genocide. He is executive director of the Institute on the Holocaust and Genocide in Jerusalem.
An affiliate of the Institute for the Study of Genocide, the International Association of Genocide Scholars was founded in 1994 by Israel Charny and other historians. He has been devoted to the study of the Holocaust and genocide since the mid 1960s. His first publication on the subject which appeared in Jewish Education in 1968 was "Teaching the Violence of the Holocaust: A Challenge to Educating Potential Future Oppressors and Victims for Nonviolence."
References[change | change source]
- Israel Charny Speaks to Rapt Audience at University of Michigan-Dearborn, Armenian Reporter, The
- Peres stands accused over denial of 'meaningless' Armenian Holocaust by Robert Fisk - The Independent
- On Armenian Genocide, Politics Trumps Truth
- Working to Make a Difference: The Personal and Pedagogical Stories of Holocaust Educators Across ... - Page 132 by Samuel Totten - History
- Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity - Page 277 by Dinah Shelton
Publications[change | change source]
- Encyclopedia of Genocide
- Genocide: a critical bibliographic review
- The Widening Circle of Genocide
- Century of Genocide Critical Essays and Eyewitness Accounts
- "A Classification of Denials of the Holocaust and Other Genocides", Journal of Genocide Research 2003, 5(1), pp. 11–34.