Jack Ma during the World Economic Forum 2018
10 September 1964
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
|Alma mater||Hangzhou Normal University|
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
|Occupation||Founder and Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group|
|Net worth||US$38.6 billion (August 2018)|
|Spouse(s)||张瑛 (Cathy Zhāng Yīng)|
Ma Yun (Chinese: 马云, [mà y̌n]; born 10 September 1964), known professionally as Jack Ma, is a Chinese business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group. As of August 2018, he is one of China's richest men with a net worth of US$38.6 billion, as well as one of the wealthiest people in the world.
References[change | change source]
- "Jack Ma — born Ma Yun —". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Jack Ma". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Tausche, Kayla (10 September 2014). "Alibaba's Jack Ma gets special gift for 50th birthday". CNBC.com. Retrieved 5 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "China's richest man Jack Ma to stand down from Alibaba". Margi Murphy. Telegraph. 8 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Billionaire Jack Ma prepares for life after Alibaba. He'll retire Monday, report says". LULU YILUN CHEN and TOM MACKENZIE. Los Angeles Times. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Alibaba's Jack Ma, China's richest man, to retire from company he co-founded". The Economic Times. 8 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Leadership biographies at Alibaba Group
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Jack Ma in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Biography Archived 2010-11-04 at the Wayback Machine at The Nature Conservancy (Board of Directors)
- Book Archived 2018-06-30 at the Wayback Machine (Success Story)