|Education||Hangzhou Normal University (BA)|
|Known for||Co-founder and former executive chairman of Alibaba Group|
|Net worth||US$49.4 billion (As of 3 July 2021[update])|
|Title||Co-founder of Yunfeng Capital|
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
Ma Yun (Chinese: 马云, [mà y̌n]; born 10 September 1964), known professionally as Jack Ma, is a Chinese business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group. As of April 2021, with a net worth of $51.5 billion, Ma is the third-richest person in China.
References[change | change source]
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Jack Ma". Bloomberg. Retrieved July 3, 2021.
- "Alibaba's Jack Ma is a Communist Party member, China state paper reveals". CNBC. 27 November 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Tausche, Kayla (10 September 2014). "Alibaba's Jack Ma gets special gift for 50th birthday". CNBC.com. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "China's richest man Jack Ma to stand down from Alibaba". Margi Murphy. Telegraph. 8 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Billionaire Jack Ma prepares for life after Alibaba. He'll retire Monday, report says". LULU YILUN CHEN and TOM MACKENZIE. Los Angeles Times. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Alibaba's Jack Ma, China's richest man, to retire from company he co-founded". The Economic Times. 8 September 2018. Archived from the original on 25 December 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Leadership biographies at Alibaba Group
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Jack Ma in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Biography Archived 2010-11-04 at the Wayback Machine at The Nature Conservancy (Board of Directors)
- Book Archived 2018-06-30 at the Wayback Machine (Success Story)