|Died||29 January 2016 (aged 87)|
|Occupation||Film director, film critic, theatrical director|
|Known for||Paris nous appartient|
Celine and Julie Go Boating
La Belle Noiseuse
|Spouse(s)||Marilù Parolini (divorced)|
Jacques Rivette (French: [ʒak ʁivɛt]; 1 March 1928 – 29 January 2016) was a French movie director, screenwriter and movie critic. His best-known movies include Celine and Julie Go Boating, La Belle Noiseuse and the rare thirteen-hour Out 1. He was one of the main member of French cinema magazine Cahiers du Cinema.
References[change | change source]
- Ruellan, André. "Jacques RIVETTE" (in French). Art-Culture-France. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- "Jacques Rivette, Enigmatic French New Wave Director, Dies at 87". New York Times.com. January 29, 2016. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Jacques Rivette at Wikimedia Commons
- Jacques Rivette on IMDb
- Jacques Rivette at AllMovie
- jacques-rivette.com- a website devoted to Rivette's film and journalism careers
- Biography on newwavefilm.com
- sensesofcinema.com Great Directors article
- Jonathan Rosenbaum: Jacques Rivette [chapter from FILM: THE FRONT LINE 1983] Archived 2020-05-31 at the Wayback Machine
- (in French) Edition de « De l'abjection » (1961) par Jacques Rivette, sur le site d'analyse L'oBservatoire (simple appareil).