Jacques Tixier (1 January 1925 – 3 April 2018) was a French archaeologist and prehistorian. He was known for his work on prehistory in Qatar, Lebanon, and North Africa. He led the first French archaeological mission to Qatar in 1976. He helped discover Al Khor Island that year. He also discovered an archaeological site in Shagra.
References[change | change source]
- "Mort de l'archéologue Jacques Tixier". 16 April 2018 – via Le Monde.
- Jacques Tixier; Centre national de la recherche scientifique (France). Recherches anthropologiques au Proche et Moyen Orient; Qatar. Mudīrīyat al-Siyāḥah wa-al-Āthār (1980). Mission archéologique française à Qatar. CNRS, Recherches anthropologiques au Proche et Moyen Orient. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Prospections et fouilles au Qatar" (PDF) (in French). Maison Archéologie & Ethnologie, René-Ginouvès. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Fran Gillespie. "The Discovery of Qatar's Past". Qatar Living. Archived from the original on 16 December 2015.
- Mort de l’archéologue Jacques Tixier (French)