James Francis Gunn Jr.
August 5, 1966
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
|Education||Loyola Marymount University|
Saint Louis University (BA)
Columbia University (MFA)
(m. 2000; div. 2008)
James Francis Gunn Jr. (born August 5, 1966)[n 1] is an American director, screenwriter, producer, musician, and the Co-CEO of DC Studios alongside Peter Safran. He is known for directing the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and its sequels, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023), and the DC Extended Universe movie The Suicide Squad (2021) and the spin-off television series Peacemaker (2022). He is also known for writing both Scooby-Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004).
Notes[change | change source]
- ↑ While many sources give a birth year of 1970, Gunn graduated from St. Louis University High School in 1984, making 1970 questionable.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Songwriter/Composer: Gunn, James Francis Jr". Broadcast Music Inc. Archived from the original on July 21, 2018. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- ↑ "A Star Is Born: James Gunn turns 51 today". Los Angeles Times. August 5, 2017. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ↑ "James Gunn Biography". Tribute. Toronto, Canada. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- 1966 births
- Living people
- American movie directors
- American movie producers
- American movie actors
- American television actors
- American voice actors
- American video game actors
- American screenwriters
- Actors from St. Louis, Missouri
- Musicians from St. Louis, Missouri
- Writers from St. Louis, Missouri
- American television writers
- American television producers
- American television directors