|Hockey Hall of Fame, 2020|
Iginla with the Calgary Flames in 2008
July 1, 1977|
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
Los Angeles Kings
11th overall, 1995|
Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla (born July 1, 1977) is a Canadian professional ice hockey right winger. He currently plays for the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL).
He played in the WHL for the Kamloops Blazers where he played three seasons. He was drafted by the Dallas Stars with the 11th overall pick in the 1995 NHL Draft but did not play a game with them. He also played for the Calgary Flames for 16 years where he was the captain. He was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 28, 2013 in exchange for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, and a first-round draft pick in the 2013 NHL Draft. He played 28 combined games with the Penguins. He is a Christian of his father's faith.
On July 5, 2013, Iginla signed a one-year, $6 million contract with the Boston Bruins.
References[change | change source]
- "Flames trade Iginla to Penguins". NHL.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "The Smile Says It All". City Light News. Archived from the original on August 20, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Iginla signs one-year, $6M deal with Bruins". NHL.com. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Iginla celebrates birthday by signing with Avalanche". NHL. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Jarome Iginla career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Jarome Iginla player profile at NHL.com