Jon Thomas Terrell
July 12, 1948
Kermit, Texas, U.S.
|Died||August 24, 2017 (aged 69)|
|Occupation||Actor, radio talk show host|
Jon Thomas Terrell (July 12, 1948 – August 24, 2017), professionally known as Jay Thomas, was an American actor, comedian, and radio talk show host.
His well known television work included his role as Remo DaVinci on Mork & Mindy (1979–81), the recurring role of Eddie LeBec on Cheers (1987–89), the lead character Jack Stein on Love & War (1992–95), and a repeat guest role as Jerry Gold on Murphy Brown.
Thomas won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series in 1990 and 1991 for playing Gold.
In 1997, he starred in the television movie Killing Mr. Griffin, based on the novel of the same name. In movie, he co-starred in Mr Holland's Opus and portrayed The Easter Bunny in The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3. He was also an annual guest on The Late Show with David Letterman during the Christmas season.
Beginning in 2005, he hosted The Jay Thomas Show on SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and was on every Friday afternoon on Howard 101.
Thomas died in Santa Barbara, California of throat cancer on August 24, 2017 at the age of 69.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Jay Thomas – Biography". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- ↑ "It's Wouldn't Be the Holidays Without Jay Thomas' Lone Ranger Story". Animalnewyork.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-07. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- ↑ "Talk and Entertainment - Program Schedule - SiriusXM Radio". Siriusxm.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- ↑ "Comic actor Jay Thomas is dead at 69". Nydailynews.comr. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Jay Thomas on IMDb
- "The Jay Thomas Show" website Archived 2008-05-11 at the Wayback Machine
- TV.com entry Archived 2011-06-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Ten Questions with Jay Thomas