John Zachary DeLorean (January 6, 1925 – March 19, 2005) was an American engineer and executive in the U.S. automobile industry, most notably with General Motors. He founded the DeLorean Motor Company. His car company became well known when Back to the Future used his car as the time travel car.
DeLorean was born on January 6, 1925 in Detroit, Michigan to a family of Romanian and Hungarian background. He studied at the University of Michigan, then at the Cass Technical High School, and later at the Lawrence Technological University.
He was married to Sally Baldwin until they divorced. Then he was married to Elizabeth Haggin from 1954 until they divorced in 1969. Then he was married to Kelly Harmon from 1969 until they divorced in 1972. Then he was last married to Cristina Ferrare from 1973 until they divorced in 1985. He had two children.
References[change | change source]
- The Rise and Fall of John DeLorean
- "John Z. DeLorean, Father of Glamour Car, Dies at 80". The New York Times, Danny Hakim, March 21, 2005. March 21, 2005. https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/21/business/21delorean.html?_r=1&oref=slogin. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- 1980s carmaker DeLorean dies at 80
Other websites[change | change source]
- John DeLorean The Times Obituary
- DeLorean Motor Company
- John DeLorean at Find a Grave
- John DeLorean at the Internet Movie Database
- Stainless Steel Productions (Official Motion Picture Production Company Producing "DeLorean" Film)
- NNDB – John DeLorean