Eisenhower on the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1990
|45th United States Ambassador to Belgium|
May 14, 1969 – September 28, 1971
|Preceded by||Ridgway B. Knight|
|Succeeded by||Robert Strausz-Hupe|
August 3, 1922|
|Died||December 21, 2013
|Spouse(s)||Barbara Jean Thompson (m. 1947–1986; divorced)
Joanne Thompson (m. 1988–2013, his death)
|Relations||Dwight D. Eisenhower – father
Mamie Eisenhower – mother
Doud Eisenhower – brother
|Children||4 (all by Barbara Thompson)|
|Alma mater||U.S. Military Academy|
|Profession||Diplomat, Brigadier General, Author|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1944–1963 (active), 1963–1974 (Reserves)|
|Battles/wars||World War II
He was a Brigadier General in the United States Army. He served during World War II and the Korean War. Eisenhower wrote several books on military history. He also served as the U.S. Ambassador to Belgium from 1969 to 1971.
References[change | change source]
- "John Eisenhower, Military Historian and Son of the President, Dies at 91". New York Times.com. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "John Eisenhower obituary". New York Times.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
- John Eisenhower at the Internet Movie Database
- John Eisenhower – Internet Accuracy Project
- Booknotes interview with Eisenhower on Agent of Destiny: The Life and Times of General Winfield Scott, April 19, 1998.