Lerman's artistic ability appeared at the age of 10. He drew faces with charcoal. The faces were of people he knows and those he imagines. In 1999 he had his own solo exhibition at the KS Art gallery in New York City.
Lerman has had personal exhibitions. He has also exhibited his work alongside others.
Lerman was also on the MTV television show True Life in the episode "True Life: I Have Autism"
Books[change | change source]
- George Braziller. Jonathan Lerman: The Drawings of a Boy with Autism (2002)
References[change | change source]
- Blumenthal, Ralph (2002-01-16). "Success at 14, Despite Autism; His Drawings Go for Up to $1,200 and Win High Praise". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- Treffert, Darold. "Jonathan Lerman - An Extraordinary Artist". Wisconsin Medical Society. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Exhibit at KS Art
- erstwhile "www.jonathanlerman.com" site[dead link]
- Portraits of Emotion: The Story of an Autistic Savant Documentary about Jonathan Lerman