Pujol in October 2008
President of the Generalitat of Catalonia
24 April 1980 – 17 December 2003
|Preceded by||Josep Tarradellas|
|Succeeded by||Pasqual Maragall|
|Minister without Portfolio|
5 December 1977 – 24 April 1980
|Preceded by||New title|
|Succeeded by||Post abolished|
|Member of the Congress of Deputies|
15 June 1977 – 12 March 1980
|Born||9 June 1930|
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
|Political party||CiU (CDC)|
Jordi Pujol i Soley (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈʒɔrði puˈʒɔɫ i suˈɫɛj], born 9 June 1930) is a Spanish politician. He was the leader of the party Convergència Democràtica de Catalunya (CDC) from 1974 to 2003, and President of the Generalitat de Catalunya from 1980 to 2003.
References[change | change source]
- "A biography of Jordi Pujol - Activist". www.jordipujol.cat. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biography at Spanish Congress site
- Interview with Jordi Pujol, "We Can No Longer Hope for Anything from the Spanish State"
- Interview with Jordi Pujol, "We (the Catalans) Are Excluded From the Spanish Global Project"
- President Pujol Library, at Biblioteca de Catalunya