|Ring name(s)||Leroy Rochester
Big Daddy Ritter
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||280 lb (130 kg)|
|Born||December 13, 1952
Wadesboro, North Carolina, U.S.
|Died||June 2, 1998
Forest, Mississippi, U.S.
|Billed from||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Trained by||Larry Johnson|
Sylvester Ritter (December 13, 1952 – June 2, 1998) was an American professional wrestler who was best known for wrestling with World Wrestling Federation (WWF) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW) under the ring names, Junkyard Dog and JYD for short. He died in Forest, Mississippi on June 2, 1998 after he fell asleep at the wheel of the car he was driving home in and crashed into another car.
Championships[change | change source]
Ritter held many championships during his professional wrestling career:
- Mid-South Wrestling Association
- NWA Mid-America
- NWA Mid-America Tag Team Championship (one time) – with Gypsy Joe
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year in 1980.
- PWI ranked him #51 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- Stampede Wrestling
- Stampede North American Heavyweight Championship (two times)
- United States Wrestling Association
- USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (one time)
- World Championship Wrestling
- World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards