Kajol at Karan Johar's 40th birthday bash at Taj Lands End, 25 May 2012.
5 August 1974
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Years active||1992–2001, 2006–2010|
|Spouse(s)||Ajay Devgn (m.1999–present)|
Kajol Devgn (née Mukherjee) (born 5 August 1974), better known as Kajol is an Indian actress who appearing in Bollywood and Tamil movies.  She has received six Filmfare Awards. In 2011,she was awarded the Padma Shri, India's fourth-highest civilian award by the Government of India.
Early life[change | change source]
She was born to actress Tanuja and film director and producer, Samu Mukherjee. Her younger sister, Tanisha Mukherjee is also an actress. Her cousins, Rani Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee and Mohnish Behl are also Bollywood actors.
Career[change | change source]
She started her career at the age of seventeen. She started in her first movie in 1992 with the movie Bekhudi which failed to do well at the box office although this didn't affect her career. A year later in 1993, she was paired with Shahrukh Khan for the movie Baazigar which was a box office hit. Since then, she has done many hit movies which included Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Karan Arjun, Ishq, Gupt, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Fanaa.
Personal life[change | change source]
She is married to fellow actor, Ajay Devgn. They have a daughter. 
Awards[change | change source]
Filmfare Awards[change | change source]
- 2006 Best Actress - Fanaa
- 2001 Best Actress - Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- 1998 Best Actress - Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 1997 Best Villain/Villainess - Gupt
- 1995 Best Actress - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Screen Weekly Awards[change | change source]
- 2002 Best Actress - Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- 1999 Best Actress - Dushman
References[change | change source]
- "Kajol Biography". Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Padma awards go filmy". Hindustan Times. 2 April 2011. http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Entertainment/Padma-awards-go-filmy/Article1-680510.aspx. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Kajol's early life". Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Kajol and Ajay welcome baby". Retrieved 26 September 2012.