Karl Dedecius (20 May 1921 – 26 February 2016) was a Polish-born German translator. He translated works of Polish and Russian literature. He was born in Łódź, Poland. In 1959, he published his first anthology, Lektion der Stille (Lesson of Silence). In 1980, he founded the German Poland Institute in Darmstadt. He served as director from 1980 through 1997.
Dedecius died in Frankfurt on 26 February 2016. He was aged 94.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Quotations related to Karl Dedecius at Wikiquote
- Media related to Karl Dedecius at Wikimedia Commons
- Marion Gräfin Dönhoff, „Beheimatet in Polen und Deutschland. Aus einer Laudatio auf Karl Dedecius...“, DIE ZEIT 11/1986
- Marion Gräfin Dönhoff, „Mittler zwischen schwierigen Nachbarn“, DIE ZEIT 04/2002 Archived 2005-04-29 at Archive.today
- Karl-Dedecius-Archiv im Collegium Polonicum Archived 2006-04-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Deutsches Polen-Institut, Darmstadt
- Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels Archived 2010-07-09 at the Wayback Machine