Keiko Tanaka-Ikeda in 1964
Keiko Ikeda (池田敬子 Ikeda Keiko , born 11 November 1933), also known by her married name as Keiko Tanaka-Ikeda (田中-池田 敬子), is a Japanese amateur athlete, coach, university professor and sports administrator. She is best known as a gymnast who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics, in the 1960 Summer Olympics, and in the 1964 Summer Olympics.
She won a gold medal on the balance beam at the 1954 World Gymnastics Championships. She is the only Japanese woman to win a gold medal in this international competition.
History[change | change source]
Timeline[change | change source]
- 1954: World Championships Gold Medal, balance beam
- 1958: World Championships Bronze Medal, balance beam and floor exercise
- 1962: World Championships Bronze Medal, balance Beam and team
- 1964: Olympic Games Bronze Medal, team
Honors[change | change source]
- International Gymnastics Hall of Fame, 2002