Kevin Wayne Durant (born September 29, 1988 in Washington, D.C., United States) is an American professional basketball player for the Brooklyn Nets of the NBA. A 6'9" small forward/shooting guard who is also capable of playing power forward, Durant was the consensus 2007 National College Player of the Year and the 2006–2007 Big 12 Player of the Year. After his freshman season at the University of Texas, Durant opted to enter the 2007 NBA Draft, where he was selected second overall pick by the Seattle SuperSonics. He scored 18 points in his first game. There he went on to win the NBA Rookie of the Year Award after his debut season. In 2007, Durant signed an endorsement contract with Nike.
References[change | change source]
- "Durant to declare for NBA Draft". Texas Longhorns Athletics. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-04-15.
- "Durant signs 7-year, $60 million endorsement deal with Nike". sports.espn.go. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- "Brooklyn Nets Acquire 10-time All-Star and Two-time NBA Champion Kevin Durant". Brooklyn Nets. NBA. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- Fernandez, Gabriel (March 18, 2020). "Coronavirus live updates: Four Brooklyn Nets players test positive for COVID-19; 2020 French Open postponed". CBS. Retrieved March 17, 2020.
- Zillgitt, Jeff. "Four Nets players, including Kevin Durant, who had coronavirus are symptom-free". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2020-06-15.