Kevin Mahogany (July 30, 1958 – December 17, 2017) was an American jazz vocalist. He was born in Kansas City, Missouri. His career began in the 1990s. He was known for his scat singing, and his singing style has been compared with jazz singers Joe Williams and Johnny Hartman. His best known work was his album It Don't Mean a Thing (1993) which he performed with Elvis Jones.
References[change | change source]
- "Kevin Mahogany biography". Richard De La Font Agency.
- "Kevin Mahogany biography". Enja Records. Archived from the original on 5 February 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- Yanow, Scott. "Kevin Mahogany". AllMusic. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Dan Emerson. "Mahogany's tribute does justice to Kansas City jazz". Pioneer Press.
- "Kansas City jazz singer Kevin Mahogany has died". Kansascity.com. Retrieved 18 December 2017.