This article does not have any sources. (September 2014)
Khairpur (Urdu: خیرپور, khīr´poor) is the twelfth largest city in the province of Sindh in southeast Pakistan. Today it is the capital of Khairpur District . It was once the capital of the former princely state of Khayrpur.
Population[change | change source]
According to the 1998 census, 102,188 lived there. At the 1981 census, there were only 61,447.
Some important facts[change | change source]
- Khairpur is home to the famous Shah Abdul Latif University.
- The beautiful old Faiz Mahal palace, once the home of the ruling family of Khayrpur state, is also situated here.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- World Gazetteer population figures for Khairpur
- Khairpur Heritage & Welfare NGO
- Mohammed Sadiq Naqvi - Ghairat Naqvi The Great Poet and Scholar of Khairpur Mirs.