King Kong (character)
King Kong is a giant movie monster, resembling a huge gorilla. The character first appeared in the 1933 film King Kong. The movie is a classic adventure-fantasy. The film was remade in 1976 and once again in 2005. The character has become one of the world's most famous movie icons. Kong has inspired countless spin-offs, comic books, team ups with other monsters and more. There was even a stage play. His role in the different movies varies, ranging from a rampaging monster to a vegetarian who only wants to be left alone.
References[change | change source]
- Tim Dirks. "King Kong (1933)". American Movie Classics Company LLC. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- The Apes of Wrath, ed. Richard Klaw (San Francisco, CA: Tachyon, 2013), p. 81
- Keith Phipps (23 February 2012). "King Kong 1976". Onion Inc. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Boland, Michaela (2009-02-09). "Global Creatures takes on "Kong"". Variety.com. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Tom Snyder. "Monsters, Madmen and Heroes: How Peter Jackson Emasculated King Kong". CBN.com. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to King Kong (character).|