King Kong (character)
|'King Kong (franchise)' character|
King Kong as he first appeared in 1933
|First appearance||King Kong (1933)|
|Created by||Edgar Wallace and Merian C. Cooper|
|Portrayed by||Willis O'Brien/Murray Spivack (1933)|
Shoichi Hirose (1962)
Haruo Nakajima (1967)
Rick Baker/Peter Cullen (1976)
Peter Elliot (1986)
Andy Serkis (2005)
Terry Notary/Toby Kebell, Frank Welker, Robin Atkin Downes (2017-2020)
|Species||Giant prehistoric gorilla|
King Kong is a fictional giant movie gorilla monster, resembling a huge gorilla. The character first appeared in the 1933 film King Kong. The movie is a classic adventure-fantasy. The film was remade in 1976 and once again in 2005. The character has become one of the world's most famous movie icons. Kong has inspired countless spin-offs, comic books, team ups with other monsters and more. There was even a stage play. His role in the different movies varies, ranging from a rampaging monster to a vegetarian or anti-hero monster who only wants to be left alone. other animated films include, The Mighty Kong, Kong: King of Atlantis and Kong: Return to the Jungle. television series include, The King Kong Show, Kong: The Animated Series, Kong: King of the Apes, Skull Island: The Series. other influences of those films, Konga (1961), The Mighty Gorga (1969), Ape (1976), Goliathon (1977), Yeti: Giant of the 20th Century (1977), King of The Lost World (2005), Bigfoot (2012), Rampage (2018), Konga TNT (2020), Ape Vs. Monster (2021).
Live-action movies[change | change source]
- King Kong (1933)
- Son of Kong (1934)
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
- King Kong Escapes (1967)
- King Kong (1976)
- King Kong Lives (1986)
- King Kong (2005)
- Kong: Skull Island (2017)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
References[change | change source]
- Tim Dirks. "King Kong (1933)". American Movie Classics Company LLC. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- The Apes of Wrath, ed. Richard Klaw (San Francisco, CA: Tachyon, 2013), p. 81
- Keith Phipps (23 February 2012). "King Kong 1976". Onion Inc. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Boland, Michaela (2009-02-09). "Global Creatures takes on "Kong"". Variety.com. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Tom Snyder. "Monsters, Madmen and Heroes: How Peter Jackson Emasculated King Kong". CBN.com. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to King Kong (character) at Wikimedia Commons