The Kinston Indians were a Minor league baseball team in Kinston, North Carolina. The team played in the Carolina League from (1956–1957, 1962–1974 and 1978–2011). Professional baseball in Kinston started in 1908, and there have been many teams since then. 2007 was the twenty-first season the Kinston team had been known as the Indians. Before that they were known as the Eagles and the Blue Jays. The Indians, or K-Tribe as they were nicknamed, played their home games in Grainger Stadium. The Indians' mascot was a dog named Scout.
The Kinston Indians won their league championship in 1988, 1991, 1995, 2004 and 2006.
Source Materials[change | change source]
- Chrisman, David F. (1988). The History of the Virginia League. Maverick Publications. ASIN B0006EQIN8.
- Gaunt, Robert (1997). We Would Have Played Forever: The Story of the Coastal Plain Baseball League. Baseball America, Inc. ISBN 0-945-16402-5.
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Miles Wolff (eds.) (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, second ed. Baseball America, Inc. ISBN 0-963-71898-3.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Sumner, Jim L. (1994). Separating the Men From the Boys: The First Half-Century of the Carolina League. John F. Blair. ISBN 0-895-87112-2.
- various editors (1956-present). Carolina League Record Book. Baseball America. N/A. Check date values in:
|year=(help)CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link) - Over the years, this publication has also been known as Carolina League Media Guide and Record Book and Carolina League Directory and Record Book