|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; (May 2009)|
The Kinston Indians were a Minor league baseball team in Kinston, North Carolina. The team played in the Carolina League From (1956–1957, 1962–1974 and 1978–2011). Professional baseball in Kinston started in 1908, and there have been many teams since then. 2007 is the twenty-first season that the Kinston team has been known as the Indians. Before that they were known as the Eagles and the Blue Jays. The Indians, or K-Tribe as they are nicknamed, play their home games in Grainger Stadium. The Indians' mascot is a dog named Scout.
The Kinston Indians won their league championship in 1988, 1991, 1995, 2004 and 2006.
Source Materials[change | change source]
- Chrisman, David F. (1988). The History of the Virginia League. Maverick Publications. ASIN B0006EQIN8.
- Gaunt, Robert (1997). We Would Have Played Forever: The Story of the Coastal Plain Baseball League. Baseball America, Inc. ISBN 0-945-16402-5.
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Miles Wolff (eds.) (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, second ed. Baseball America, Inc. ISBN 0-963-71898-3.
- Sumner, Jim L. (1994). Separating the Men From the Boys: The First Half-Century of the Carolina League. John F. Blair. ISBN 0-895-87112-2.
- various editors (1956-present). Carolina League Record Book. Baseball America. N/A. Check date values in:
|date=(help) - Over the years, this publication has also been known as Carolina League Media Guide and Record Book and Carolina League Directory and Record Book