|Born||Kimberley Gail Marsh
13 June 1976
Whiston, Merseyside, England
|Other names||Kym Ryder, Kym Lomas|
(m. 2002–2009, divorced)
(m. 2012-2014, divorced)
Marsh rose to fame when she and four other contestants won reality TV show Popstars and formed manufactured pop quintet Hear'Say. She is presently most recognisable from her role as Michelle Connor on the long-running ITV1 soap opera Coronation Street which she has played since 2006. Marsh was one of the contenders to represent the UK in the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest; she was third place and as such did not take part in the ESC.
Personal life[change | change source]
Marsh married former EastEnders actor Jack Ryder in St Albans, Hertfordshire, on 10 August 2002. On 20 March 2008 the couple said they would separate and may divorce. On 26 March 2009, Marsh said she had committed adultery during her marriage. Marsh and Ryder decided to divorce on 12 August 2009.
Marsh began dating Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas since July 2008. She and Lomas said they were expecting a baby due in the summer of 2009. On 12 February 2009, Marsh said their son, Archie Jay Lomas, was born 18 weeks early on 11 February. He died moments after birth.  Marsh and Lomas ended their relationship on 9 October 2009. The couple got back together the following month as Marsh won Mother of the Year 2009. On Christmas Day 2009 Lomas proposed to Marsh and she accepted.
Marsh and Lomas said Kym was three months pregnant on 26 October 2010. On 23 March 2011, Marsh gave birth to a girl, Polly. She was delivered five weeks early and weighed just over 4lb. Marsh married Lomas in 2012. The couple divorced in 2014.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
|Title||Album details||Peak positions|
|Red Room Sessions||
Singles[change | change source]
|"Come on Over"||10||—|
|2004||"Today" (with Evil Angel)||—||—||Non-album single|
As part of Hear'Say
|2001||"Pure and Simple"||1||3||Popstars|
|"The Way to Your Love"||1||10|
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
- Won Best Newcomer at The British Soap Awards
- Won Best Newcomer at the TV Quick Awards
- Won Favourite Newcomer at the TV Now Awards
- Won Most Popular Newcomer at the National Television Awards
- Won Best TV Soap Personality at the TRIC Awards
- Won Best Celeb Mum at the Tesco Awards
- Won Favourite Actress at the TV Now Awards
- Won Best Dressed Soap Star at the Inside Soap Awards
- Won Bounty Celebrity Mum of the Year
References[change | change source]
- Published Thursday, Mar 26 2009, 18:52 GMT (2009-03-26). "Marsh, Ryder granted 'quickie' divorce - Showbiz News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Kym Ryder switches back to Marsh". DigitalSpy. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- Ancestry.co.uk — birth registration details
- Marriages and Births England and Wales 1984-2006
- "Corrie star splits from husband". BBC News. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- The Sun. London http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/article2343214.ece. Missing or empty
- "Kym Marsh settles divorce terms with Jack Ryder | TV: Latest News | STV Entertainment". Entertainment.stv.tv. 2009-08-09. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Showbiz - News - Ryder, Lomas announce relationship – Digital Spy
- Published Friday, Dec 5 2008, 12:17 GMT (2008-12-05). "Kym Marsh announces pregnancy - Coronation Street News - Showbiz". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Street star Kym Marsh's baby dies". BBC News. 12 February 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Kym Marsh and Jamie Lomas split after 'non-stop rows'". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Corrie's Kym Marsh reveals she's back together with Jamie Lomas as she wins Celebrity Mum Of The Year". Daily Mail. London. 5 November 2009.
- Kym Marsh pregnant less than two years after losing premature son Archie
- McConnell, Donna (25 March 2011). "Delighted Kym Marsh 'doing well' after giving birth to baby Polly, five weeks early". Daily Mail. London.
- Inside Soap Magazine 9 - 15 April 2011
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 351. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.