LaMia Airlines Flight 2933
LaMia Airlines Flight 2933 was a flight operated by LaMia that crashed near the city of Medellín in Colombia. The airplane was carrying players from the Chapecoense football team. The airplane had an aircraft registration of CP-2933. The airplane crashed on 28 November 2016, at around 22:00 local time. The crash killed 71 people. Seven people originally survived the crash. However, one of the survivors, a goalkeeper known as Danilo, died a few hours after the plane crashed. The three Chapecoense players that survived were Alan Ruschel, Jakson Follmann, and Neto.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "LAMIA Bolivia CP-2933". airfleets.net. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "ASN Aircraft accident Avro RJ.85 CJP-2933 Rionegro/Medellín-José María Córdova". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Trágico accidente cerca de Medellín del avión que transportaba al equipo brasileño Chapecoense deja 76 muertos" [Tragic crash of aircraft transporting Brazilian team Chapecoense near Medellín leaves 76 dead]. BBC World (in Spanish). British Broadcasting Corporation. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Plane crashes in Colombia with Brazilian football team on board". The Sun. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Avião que transportava equipe da Chapecoense cai na Colômbia" [Chapecoense team aircraft crashes in Colombia and kills 76 people]. Diário de Pernambuco (in Portuguese). Jornal Diario de Pernambuco. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Accidente de avión en el que viajaba Chapecoense deja 75 personas muertas" [Aircraft crash involving Chapecoense leaves 75 people dead]. Caracol.tv (in Spanish). 29 November 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.