Lake Placid (movie)
|Directed by||Steve Miner|
|Written by||David E. Kelley|
|Produced by||David E. Kelley|
|Edited by||Paul Hirsch|
|Music by||John Ottman|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|July 16, 1999|
Lake Placid is a 1999 American monster horror comedy movie. It was directed by Steve Miner and was produced by David E. Kelley, Michael Pressman, and Peter Bogart. Lake Placid was released on July 16, 1999. The movie is about a giant, 30-foot (9.1 m) long man-eating crocodile which terrorizes the fictional Black Lake, Maine, United States. Most of the movie was shot in British Columbia, Canada. The movie was financially successful at the box office and it spawned three made-for-television sequels.
The movie gained mixed reviews from critics and holds a 40% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Movie critic Roger Ebert described the movie as "completely wrong-headed from beginning to end".
Cast[change | change source]
- Bill Pullman as Jack Wells
- Bridget Fonda as Kelly Scott
- Oliver Platt as Hector Cyr
- Brendan Gleeson as Sheriff Hank Keough
- Betty White as Mrs. Delores Bickerman
- Meredith Salenger as Deputy Sharon Gare
- David Lewis as Walt Lawson
- Tim Dixon as Stephen Daniels
- Natassia Malthe as Janine
- Mariska Hargitay as Myra Okubo
- Jed Rees as Deputy Burke
- Richard Leacock as Deputy Stevens
- Jake T. Roberts as Officer Coulson
- Ty Olsson as State Trooper
- Adam Arkin as Kevin (uncredited)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Lake Placid". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- ↑ "Lake Placid - Filming Locations". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- ↑ "Lake Placid". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- ↑ "Lake Placid". Roger Ebert. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Lake Placid on IMDb