Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum
|Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum|
|Sheikha of Dubai|
|Born||5 December 1985|
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Father||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Mother||Huriah Ahmed al M'aash|
Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
|Reference style||Her Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic: لطيفة بنت محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم, romanized: Laṭīfa bint Muḥammad bin Rāshid al-Maktūm; born 5 December 1985) is an Emirati sheikha and a member of the Dubai ruling family. Her father, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, is the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and her mother, Huriah Ahmed al M'aash is from Algeria.
She has two half-sisters with the same name.
Sheikha Latifa escaped from Dubai in late February 2018 and was forcibly returned from international waters near the Indian coast by a joint India–Emirates operation on 4 March 2018. In December 2018, the Dubai royal court said that she was back in Dubai. She was believed to be held against her will under the order of her father, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
In August 2021 and after Latifa had been photographed in public places in Dubai, Spain and Iceland, the #FreeLatifa campaign, which had lasted three and a half years, came to an end when she was allowed to leave Dubai. In February 2022, it was reported she was living in Paris, France.
References[change | change source]
- Reuters Staff (2020-03-05). "Findings in UK court battle between Dubai's sheikh and former wife". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-02-19.
- "Re Al M, Approved Judgment (The High Court of Justice, Family Division)" (PDF). Courts and Tribunal Judiciary. 11 December 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2021.
- Escape from Dubai (11 March 2018), Latifa Al Maktoum – Escape from Dubai – Hervé Jaubert (video), retrieved 9 May 2018
- "The Sean Hannity Show: The Plight of Princess Latifa". player.fm. The Sean Hannity Show. 27 April 2018. Archived from the original on 10 June 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
Relevant quote at 54 min. 5 sec. time mark in audio.
- Burgess, Sanya (6 December 2018). "How missing Dubai princess practised her escape". Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Missing princess is 'safe in Dubai,' say Emirate's rulers". Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- Dubai royal insider breaks silence on escaped princesses. 60 Minutes Australia. 22 July 2019.
- "Princess Latifa: The Dubai ruler's daughter who vanished". BBC News. 16 February 2021. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Princess Latifa campaigners disband after cousin says she is 'happy and well'". The Guardian. 2021-08-10. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- Presse, Agnes France (February 19, 2022). "Princess Latifa: Dubai ruler's daughter is 'well', says UN human rights chief". The Guardian. p. 1. Retrieved February 20, 2022.