Lauryn Hill at Central Park, October 6, 2005
|Birth name||Lauryn Noelle Hill|
May 25, 1975 |
New Jersey, United States
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, Producer, Actress|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Lauryn Noelle Hill (born May 26, 1975) is an American singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, and actress. She began her career while still in highschool as a member of the Fugees. She rose to greater fame when she released her first solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. The album received critical acclaim, won many awards, including five Grammy Awards, and was commercially successful. After the release of her debut album, she took a four-year break. In 2002, Hill released MTV Unplugged No. 2.0, an album with more personal content that was recorded live, mostly solo with an acoustic guitar. In recent years, she recorded songs for soundtracks and has performed on several music festivals. Hill has six children.
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Lauryn Hill". Rockonthenet.com. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Checkoway, Laura (August 26, 2008). "Inside "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill"". Rolling Stone. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Raftery, Brian. "Lauryn Hill – Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Ruhlmann, William. "MTV Unplugged No. 2.0". Allmusic. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "Lauryn Hill Welcomes Sixth Child". Blackcelebkids.com. July 23, 2011. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauryn Hill.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Lauryn Hill|