Lisa Anne Bronowski
12 April 1944
|Died||25 October 2015(aged 71)|
|Cause of death||Cancer|
Early life[change | change source]
Career[change | change source]
From 1990 to 2011, she was Centenary Professor of Renaissance Studies and Director of the Centre for Editing Lives and Letters at Queen Mary, University of London. From 2008 to January 2014 she was Chair of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA).
Personal life[change | change source]
In 1969, she married scientist Nicholas Jardine, with whom she had a son and a daughter/ In 1982, she married the architect John Hare with whom she had one son. She was the cousin of television director Laurence Moody and actress Clare Lawrence Moody.
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- www.gresham.ac.uk "Lisa Jardine", Gresham College.
- "Professor Lisa Jardine to step down as Chair of the HFEA". HFEA. 26 October 2013. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Jardine Staff Profile at Centre for Editing Lives and Letters". livesandletters.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 11 January 2015.
- Official Jardine home page Archived 2006-04-30 at the Wayback Machine, HarperCollins.com; accessed 26 October 2015.
- Jardine profile, bbc.co.uk; accessed 26 October 2016.
- Video interview of Lisa Jardine by Alan Macfarlane, alanmacfarlane.com; accessed 26 October 2015.
- Marriage registration Cambridgeshire 4a 992, Jul–Sep 1969
- "Prize fighter". the Guardian.
- Marriage registration Westminster 15 1624, Jul–Sep 1982
- Renowned historian Lisa Jardine dies aged 71, theguardian.com; accessed 26 October 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Lisa Jardine at Wikimedia Commons