Machilipatnam, also known as Masulipatnam, is a city in the Krishna district. It is a municipal corporation and the administrative headquarters of Krishna district. It is also the headquarters of Machilipatnam mandal in Machilipatnam revenue division of the district. The ancient port town served as the settlement of European traders from the 16th century, and it was a major trading port for the British, Dutch and French in the seventeenth century.
Population[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Mandals in Krishna district". aponline.gov.in. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 517. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "District Census Handbook – Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 15,16. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Reddy, Consulting Editor-KV Nandini. Social Sci. (History) 7 (Rev.). Ratna Sagar. p. 72. ISBN 978-81-8332-296-6. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.