Makoto Sakurai (Japanese: 桜井 誠) is the leader and founder of the very right-wing hate group Zaitokukai (在日特権を許さない市民の会). It is one of the largest hate groups in Japan, with over 14,000 members as of March 2014. The name means "Citizens’ League to Deny Foreigners in Japan Special Rights." As the leader, Sakurai participates in demonstrations, appears in videos, and blogs.
References[change | change source]
- J.T. Quigley. "Japanese Court Rules Against Anti-Korean Hate Group", The Diplomat, October 8, 2013. Retrieved on March 5, 2014.
- Zaitokukai Official Website.  Retrieved on 5 March 2014.
- "Japanese Court Rules Against Anti-Korean Hate Group", The Asahi Shinbun, June 17 2013. Retrieved on March 5 2014.
- Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor. , 2013 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, February 27, 2014. Retrieved on March 5, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Sakurai's blog (Japanese)