|Lungsod ng Maynilà|
(City of Manila)
Pearl of the Orient
Manila, God First
|Anthem: Awit ng Maynila|
English: Song of Manila
Map of Metro Manila with Manila highlighted
|Region||National Capital Region (NCR)|
|Congressional District||1st to 6th districts of Manila|
|Administrative District||16 city districts|
|Established||13th century or earlier|
|Sultanate of Brunei (Rajahnate of Maynila)||1500s|
|Spanish Manila||June 24, 1571|
|City Charter||July 31, 1901|
|Highly Urbanized City||December 22, 1979|
|• Type||Sangguniang Panlungsod|
|• Mayor||Isko Moreno (NUP/Asenso Manileño)|
|• Vice Mayor||Dr. Ma. Sheilah "Honey Lacuna" Pangan (NUP/Asenso Manileño)|
|• City Representatives|
|• City Council|
|• Electorate||1,065,149 voters (Philippine general election, 2019|
|• City||42.88 km2 (16.56 sq mi)|
|• Urban||1,474.82 km2 (569.43 sq mi)|
|• Metro||619.57 km2 (239.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7.0 m (23.0 ft)|
|• Density||41,515/km2 (107,520/sq mi)|
|• Metro density||20,785/km2 (53,830/sq mi)|
|• Households||Template:PH wikidata/deprecated parameter Template:PH wikidata called with unsupported input "household"|
|Demonym(s)||English: Manileño, Manilan;|
Spanish: manilense, manileño(-a)
Filipino: Manileño(-a), Manilenyo(-a), Taga-Maynila
|• Income class||special city income class|
|• Poverty incidence||5.71% (2015)|
|• HDI||0.773 – high (2018)|
|• Revenue||₱10,154.9 million (2016)|
|• GDP||US $182.8 billion|
|• Assets||Expression error: Unexpected < operator. million|
|• Liabilities||Expression error: Unexpected < operator. million|
|• Expenditure||Expression error: Unexpected < operator. million|
|• Water||• Maynilad (Majority) |
• Manila Water (Santa Ana and San Andres)
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
+900 – 1-096
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)2|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Currency||Philippine peso (₱)|
Manila is the capital city of the Philippines. It is one of the largest cities in the Philippines. Manila is on the biggest island of the Philippines, Luzon. Manila is by a bay named Manila Bay. The metropolitan area, called Metro Manila, is much larger. It stretches across a thin strip of land (called an isthmus) to a lake called "Laguna de Bay". Manila has a population of 1.78 million people.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manila.|
References[change | change source]
- "'Pearl of Orient' Stripped of Food; Manila, Before Pearl Harbor, Had Been Prosperous—Its Harbor One, of Best Focus for Two Attacks Osmeña Succeeded Quezon". New York Times. February 5, 1945. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
Manila, modernized and elevated to the status of a metropolis by American engineering skill, was before Pearl Harbor a city of 623,000 population, contained in an area of fourteen square miles.
- "Cities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on March 9, 2013. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "An Update on the Earthquake Hazards and Risk Assessment of Greater Metropolitan Manila Area" (PDF). Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology. November 14, 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 24, 2016. Retrieved May 16, 2016.
- "Enhancing Risk Analysis Capacities for Flood, Tropical Cyclone Severe Wind and Earthquake for the Greater Metro Manila Area Component 5 – Earthquake Risk Analysis" (PDF). Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology and Geoscience Australia. Retrieved May 16, 2016.
- "Demographia World Urban Areas PDF (March 2013)" (PDF). Demographia. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
Census of Population (2015). Highlights of the Philippine Population 2015 Census of Population. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
|chapterurl=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Philippine Population Density (Based on the 2015 Census of Population)". Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved November 2, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- This is the original Spanish, even used by José Rizal in El filibusterismo.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 1 January 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sub-national HDI. "Area Database – Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org.